The idea behind a tagline according to Wikipedia, the modern-day dictionary (dictionary.com? We’ve never heard of it, obviously), is the concept to create a memorable phrase that will sum up the tone and premise of a film. Here are a few amazing movies with serious taglines to look forward to in 2013.
1) “Coming Soon.” – Coming Soon.
This movie is about coming soon.
2) “In Theaters February 22nd.” – In Theaters February 22nd
We all know what and when this is about.
3) “Only in IMAX.” – Only in IMAX
Go to the IMAX to see what the only in IMAX film, Only in IMAX, is all about. SPOILER ALERT: It’s about being only in IMAX.
4) “The Legend Continues.” – The Legend Continues
The legend continues from what the legend was before in this apparent sequel to The Legend, about a legend.
5) “Summer Twenty-Fourteen.” – Summer 2014
Do we have to wait or can we all sum up what Summer Twenty-Fourteen will be like. Apparently this is a know-all movie about summer, 2014.
6) “The Adventure is About to Begin.” – The Adventure is About to Begin
About a beginning adventure. I sense a sequel. Is a prequel even possible? Only box office will tell.
7) “Based on Some True Stories.” – Based on a True Story
Not based on one specific, actual story.
8) “Have No Doubts.” – This Actually Happened
I had my doubts, saw the movie, and it actually happened. I saw the movie that is.
9) “Based on the Fact that this could happen to any dude…twice.” – Brokeback Mountain Rises
An Ang Lee and Christopher Nolan co-directorial, co-producing, co-writing co-staring together debut.
10) “The Plot Thickens.” – Plot 2
The sequel to Plot, the smash movie about people writing a smash movie.
11) “You’ve never seen a taste like this.” – The Crystal Pepsi Movie
The 20-year re-release that will make you throw up. Literally.
12) “Too Funny For Words.” – Last Laugh
A silent film comedy expressed through interpretive dance.
13) “If you (verb), then the (plural noun) takes a (adjective) turn.'” – Mad Libs: The Movie
Everyone’s favorite party book becomes a movie that is only as funny as you make it.